Pages

Single Parent Faith

Monday, February 7, 2011

Unexpected Forgiveness

“I owe you an apology for how I ended things with you a long time ago. I wasn’t respectful to you.” He said almost in a whisper.

It was unexpected and awkward. We ran into each other in the hallway at work some 6 years after the relationship’s end. This was the first serious relationship I had post my divorce.

“I appreciate your apology. In my heart I forgave you a long time ago.”

Assuring me,  “Still you didn’t deserve the way I acted. You deserved respect.”

Standing before me, married with children, our season was past. Years prior, when I needed to hear this the most, life required me to learn to forgive long before he had the courage to ask.

He added graciously, “I think of all our times together and those are the best memories of my life. I will never forget them.”

Eyes darting about, and with a smile he said, “I’d give you a hug but people would talk.”  

We parted ways once again, after our brief hallway encounter.  

Forgiveness, both to seek it and to grant it, is always a gift with no expiration date.

Copyright © 2011 Ella Venezia
All Rights Reserved

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! Pardon the inconvenience of waiting for my moderation of comments. -- This is to prevent advertisers from embedding their commercial links. (Which has happened)

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!