Pages

Single Parent Faith

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Daughter's Gift of Release

“Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.” –Leo Buscaglia


In August, while my daughter sat in the waiting room as I talked to a medical administrator, unbeknownst to me she reached into my journal and wrote me a note on the last page.

Afterwards as I sat waiting for her while she was having an MRI, I opened up my journal, ready to write. I noticed the last page now contained her handwriting.

“Mom-

I love you so much! You’re an amazing mother. Even though we get in “moods,” especially a lot lately since I’m at that horrible age…LOL…I still love you, I always will no matter what!

I am so glad you’re my mom!  I like it being just the two of us, but please don’t just be comfortable. It’s okay to find a man. Don’t give up hope. You deserve the best!

With all my love always,
XOXO”

In the years prior, my dear friends had a suspicion that the reason why I was not meeting the right guy, was because my child was not ready for me to. When I read her note, I was moved to tears. It was validation that at some level she understood the power she wielded over my readiness to meet someone. This letter was her releasing me and setting me free to be available to opportunity.  It was an honorable and loving gesture coming from my 17 yr old.
Ella Venezia

Image Source: http://flic.kr/p/DjwnS     © All rights reserved by paperbackwriter

4 comments:

  1. What a blessing, a love letter from your child, I'm sure you'll treasure it always.

    Now, dust off the camera, get your Diva within on, take a few good shots and post them on Christian Mingle or whichever other site you'd like. Do it for the adventure...go on,step out in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athnasius- Thank you! So true....one word says it all. Blessings to you!!

    Alvarado- Yes, I will treasure her letter always. Ha, as for the Christian Mingle site...I tried it some months back...where do you think I got my internet disaster stories? :) I'll have to investigate stepping out on faith via other mediums, not the interne dating sites. Too much hiding that happens. It may work for some, but has not for me. Thank you though for the encouragement to step out on faith...I must continue doing so. :)

    Blessings!!
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing letter! Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Pardon the inconvenience of waiting for my moderation of comments. -- This is to prevent advertisers from embedding their commercial links. (Which has happened)

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!